Welcome to DisneyChannelEARS, a website and blog about Disney Channel live-action Production news, including information on TV shows, Disney Channel Original Movies and On-Air Presentations.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Inside Actress Debby Ryan's Closet



[Via www.wwd.com…]

Debby Ryan, star of the Disney Channel's "Jessie," may choose footwear looks that run the gamut, but she leans toward one favorite style: boots.

"I'm a huge fan of them. I like a good vintage cowboy or combat boot," said the actress.

Ryan, 19, plays the lead role in the network's comedy, which is currently shooting its second season, set to air this fall. She also has played characters in the Disney series "The Suite Life on Deck" and the original movie "16 Wishes," in which she sang the theme song. (Music is Ryan's second love, after acting. She currently runs a music blog, through which she conducts interviews with musicians, and she aims to launch a record label in the future.)

And while Ryan and her on-screen character share a few fashion commonalities, she described their signature styles as distinct — and from opposite coasts.

"We both love vintage silhouettes, but [Jessie] is in New York and always in a blazer and heels. I try to be a bit more sensible. I'm really into personalizing or customizing looks," said Ryan, who resides in Los Angeles.

So what does that mean for her personal footwear choices? "I bought combat boots at an Army surplus store and now I'm going to stud them," she said.

Here, the star sounds off on her favorite footwear shops, the best looks for the beach and how she and her TV persona share a love of boots. 


Pairs owned: 50 to 60

Favorite brands: "I kind of live in a dream world. I like footwear at the top of the [price] spectrum and at the bottom. I love a Tory Burch wedge for every day. I love Sam Edelman. I have some Vans and Converse Chuck Taylors. I like Charlotte Olympia's loafers, and I want some YSL Tributes."

Brands you wear on set: "[My character], Jessie, is really into tall boots, so what we like doing is hanging necklaces from the boots. She also has been into short booties lately. She wears Splendid, Elizabeth & James sandals and has an Alice & Olivia pair."

Go-to looks for the red carpet: "I am a fan of the short black bootie, and I especially like [the ones with a] thin stiletto. I have some from Zara and BCBG."

Favorite style for in between takes: Flats from Toms Shoes or Sam Edelman

Best workout look: "Nike Frees. I have several different styles. They have to match my workout outfit."

Weekend wear: "Puma [casual] shoes, or I love a solid wedge by Tory Burch or Toms if I'm running around."

Go-to beach style: "Toms to get to the beach or a flip-flop with an anklet. If I'm having lunch on the boardwalk, maybe a moccasin bootie."

Last pair purchased: "I bought a pair of green suede ankle booties."

Oldest pair owned: "Steel-toed combat boots I got at the Army surplus store."

Best shopping destinations for shoes in Los Angeles: "I really like Zara because it always has good staples and statement pieces. I like Aldo as well. And Barneys is my dream — I swoon over it."

Celebrity whose style I most admire: Emma Stone. "She always looks classy without looking like she's trying too hard. She is a funny girl and also beautiful."